2014 is almost here! What are your plans for NYE?
2012 was a successful year full of weddings and lots of learning opportunities for all of us at SMEP. Upon reflection of all these weddings, we’ve come up with a list of the top 10 things we will be sure to keep in mind and incorporate into our wedding plans for 2013:
- Be sure to always use a radio for behind the scenes coordination
- Assign one assistant for every 50-75 guests
- Confirm vendor attire prior to a wedding
- With large bridal parties (8 or more), have an assistant oversee wedding day hair & makeup
- When in doubt – say YES to air conditioning!
- Insist on assigned seating for family members at the wedding ceremony
- Have back-up ceremony music in case of emergency
- Include a wine opener in wedding day emergency kit
- The least expensive option is not always the best option
- Make sure the bride is wearing shoes when she leaves the venue!
Please feel free to share some of your tips, advice and resolutions for 2013!
The team at Stacy McCain Event Planning