We are always blown away by the beauty of our brides’ gowns, but what we love the most is that they’re all so different. We’ve noticed a couple new trends that we hope you’ll love as much as we do.
Unique wedding gowns. Would you dare?
We think this Vera Wang is simply lovely.
We posted about this dress here.
This is a dress that a bride wore last year, Vera Wang, love!
A friend of ours had this amazing and very unique gown custom designed:
This sweet seersucker gown was spotted in a Southern wedding. Isn’t it so fresh looking?
This Carolina Hererra has such a classic and modern look. Love the subtle polka dots!
We also think these pastel Elie Saab gowns are pretty amazing.
Vintage gowns. Making it yours.
Have you seen Lauren Bush and David Lauren’s wedding photos? David’s dad, the Ralph Lauren, made Lauren’s gown. We love the vintage feel of both her beautiful gown and the traditional feel of their wedding photo.
Why would you go vintage? Well, you might want edit a family heirloom to make it more modern. Or you might simply want the exquisite details at a fraction of the cost of a brand new gown. Our 5 tips to finding a vintage dress:
1) Don’t get a dress that needs major repairs. They will cost you more in the long run.
2) Be careful with certain older fabrics. 20s chiffon doesn’t last overtime and might have deteriorated.
3) Don’t look for your dress when looking for vintage. Sizes had different meanings, so you’ll get stuck with the wrong size.
4) Consider buying or making a reproduction. Sometimes an actual vintage dress, while beautiful, might not be as practical, so better use modern fabrics, but stay true to the original design.
5) Keep your budget in mind. If there are many repairs or alterations to be made, the cost might be higher in the long run, so know what you’re getting yourself into!
So, whether you’re stepping out side the box, going vintage, or buying something custom-made, we know you’ll look simply stunning on your wedding day!